Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Cheese & Herb Stuffed Chicken

Oh. My. Goodness. Make this, eat it and love it! I'm not sure how healthy this is, but wow does it taste good! I definitely stepped out of my comfort zone to make it, but honestly it was not as hard to make as it sounded. My measurements for the ingredients might not be right, I just kind of added things without measuring until it looked good.
Ingredients
3 chicken breasts
4 oz goat cheese
3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon chives
1 small handful italian parsley
1 cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons margarine
Kitchen string
Directions
Mix cheeses, chives, and parsley together. Butterfly the pieces of chicken and pound thin with a meat mallet or the bottom of a skillet. Spread a third of the cheese mixture lenthwise across the chicken breast and roll up like a burrito. Tie up with kitchen string and put in the refrigerator for 10 minutes. Put the chicken in a casserole dish, presentation side up and pat all over with margarine. Bake in 400 degree oven for 30 minutes or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165. Put drippings from casserole dish in a saucepan with the chicken broth and reduce until it has the consistency of a sauce. Pour a little bit over each piece of chicken and serve.
Notes
  • Use real parmesan cheese, not that nasty fake stuff from the green bottle.
  • Chives are the top of a green onion. I'm just telling you this because the original recipe called for scallions and I didn't know what they were so I bought green onions. So I'm using the word chive just so that you know that I'm smart. I know things. Yeah...
  • The original recipe calls for regular parsley but I bought Italian because it sounded fancier.
  • I didn't have any kitchen string so I used some regular string that I had in my craft closet. I normally wouldn't use this because most craft string is waxed and might melt all over the chicken, but this string didn't look waxed so I figured it was ok. I also read that unwaxed floss would work too.
  • I didn't have a meat mallet so I used a rolling pin. It was really refreshing to get all my frustrations out!

No comments:

Post a Comment