Sunday, February 21, 2010

Salmon Sticks

Looking for a quick Friday Lenten meal that is a bit more complex than grilled cheese sandwiches, but still something my family would enjoy, I came across this recipe for salmon fish sticks. Philip ate seconds and Michaela ate almost two, which is way more than she usually eats for dinner, so it was definitely a success.
Ingredients
3/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
1/2 tablespoon onion powder
1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
1/2 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon ground flaxseed meal
2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
1 egg
2 tablespoons honey
2 medium skinless salmon fillets

Directions
Mix bread crumbs, spices, flaxseed and Parmesan together in a bowl. In a separate bowl whisk egg and honey together. Cut salmon into sticks of your desired size. Dip the salmon into the egg mixture, then into the bread crumb mixture. Lay out on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray and bake in a 425 degree oven for 10 minutes.
Notes
*Although we enjoyed these, both Philip and I thought they could be better. Perhaps next time I would pulse the bread crumbs in a food processor so that they coated the fish more evenly, or maybe I would use molasses instead of honey. If you experiment with this recipe with success, let me know so that I can try out your version!

No comments:

Post a Comment