Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Egg McDrea's & Real World Wednesdays

The only problem with having a food blog that reviews other people's recipes is that I never get to share my own! So on Wednesdays, I'll be posting recipes of my own creation or that have been passed down from family or friends.

First up? Egg McDrea's.
These are super simple, easy, and delicious. My dad used to make this for my sisters and me growing up, and nowadays these are my go to meal when I don't have much time for anything else.

Ingredients
whole wheat English Muffins or bread
Eggs
Cheddar Cheese
Bacon, Sausage patties, or other breakfast meat
Butter
Salt & Pepper

Directions
Toast bread. Meanwhile, prepare one egg as if preparing over-easy, except use your spatula to break the yolk. Flip the egg and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Make sure that all the yolk is cooked, you don't want it dripping out of your sandwich. Butter your toast and sandwich egg, cheese, and cooked meat in between. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment