Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Real World Wednesday - Bacon & Spinach Beans

This is a delicious side dish that my grandma used to make. I wasn't sure if it would be too spicy for Michaela, but at a friends house earlier that week she had become addicted to salsa so I thought it was worth a try. Apparently she takes after her mama because she loved it!

Ingredients
4 c Pinto Beans, cooked
1/2 c Onions, diced
1/2 package Bacon
2 c Spinach, steamed
1 T Red Chile Powder

Directions
Fry the bacon until crispy, then drain it, crumble it and set aside. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the drippings. Saute the onion in the drippings, then add spinach, chile, and beans, mixing together. Sprinkle the top with bacon and serve.

Source
Family Recipe

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I love this recipe! I just found your blog through the Foodie Blogroll. I'm learning to make healthier food choices for my family and I'm trying to meet some other foodie mom bloggers. :)

    ReplyDelete