Monday, June 21, 2010

Blackberry & Strawberry Cobbler

I had my sister over for dinner last week and had wanted to make an apple pie or cobbler for dessert. I didn't have any apples and didn't have time to go to the store so I used the fruit I already had in my refrigerator. I topped it off with homemade whipped cream, but this would be great with ice cream too. This was super quick to make and so amazingly delicious! I ended up taking the leftovers to my Picnic themed Cooking Club the next day, otherwise I knew I would have finished off the whole thing myself!

Ingredients
1 c flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 c sugar
1 c milk
1 stick butter (1/2 c)
1 c blackberries
1 c strawberries, sliced

Directions
Put the stick of butter in a 8x8 baking dish or a 10 inch pie plate. Put the dish in a 350 degree oven until melted. Meanwhile mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and milk to create a slightly lumpy batter. Pour the batter over the melted butter and top with berries. Return dish to oven and bake for 30-45 minutes or until the top is browned and the edges are started to pull away from the dish.

Source
Adapted from Mommy's Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment