Thursday, April 22, 2010

Blackberry Fauxjito

One of my favorite drinks back before I was a full-time breeder/nurser was a mojito. In fact, every time I smell fresh mint, I am instantly transported back to our honeymoon in Puerto Vallarta where I lay by the ocean and sipped a continuous stream of refreshing Mojitos. Yum. I was looking for ways to use up some blackberries when I ran across this recipe and I couldn't resist! This was delicious, and was almost as good as a real one. :)
Ingredients
1/4 c blackberries
6 large mint leaves or equivalent smaller
2 teaspoons sugar
juice from 1/2 lime
crushed ice, enough to fill glass 3/4 full
lime sparkling water
Directions
Muddle blackberries, mint leaves, sugar & lime juice in a glass. Add crushed ice. Pour sparkling water over ice, stir a bit, and serve!

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment