Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Real World Wednesday - Breakfast Casserole

Every once in a while I like to make breakfast for dinner. It's usually less work than dinner, and is something I always know my family will like. I adapted this recipe from one given to me by a friend's mom. She had made this for a brunch baby shower and I instantly fell in love!
Ingredients
15 oz frozen country style hash browns (or fresh grated)
1 lb sausage, cooked and crumbled
8 eggs
1 cup milk
salt and pepper
10 oz cheese, grated & divided (I use cheddar and either Monterrey or Pepper jack)
1/2 cup green chile, roasted, peeled & chopped (optional)
Directions
Mix all ingredients together, except 5 oz of cheese. Pour into an 8 x 8 casserole dish that has lightly been sprayed with cooking spray. Top with remaining cheese and cook in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Notes
  • I always have leftovers, and that's OK! Spend an extra couple minutes after dinner putting together burritos with the leftovers and you'll have breakfast for the rest of the week!
  • I love making this meal for new moms. Take this, along with some fresh fruit and cinnamon rolls for dessert and this is the perfect meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment